I found this video recently and like it!
In times where we are rushing through our life it may be a little help to others as well.
It’s just one minute and it may get you into a better state of mind, so why not giving it a try?
Finally arrived home I decided to catch Christmas impressions throughout the coming days.
There is not too much time to settle down for quiet writing but I will find the time to post pictures from time to time.
Hope you’ll like them.
You only know what you are searching for when you loose something…
It can be good and bad, each will leave a trace in your life and suddenly you realize what’s important.
There may be times when you feel lost, when you don’t see reasons for things that happened, but be faithful, these incidents open new doors you weren’t aware of that they exist.
Fairytales are for kids, this is partly true as in each of them you will find hints on what’s important and the knight is mostly appearing when the princess went through her struggles.
I found my “knight” although I don’t say I’m a princess, but there will be a time when you realize what the past was for. I truly believe that this “meant to be” does exist.
Maybe it strengthens you, makes you more mature, gives you happy times and memories.
We are all searching and this search will never stop. If you stop searching you will stop living as we have still so much to discover.
I like to say that I arrived in my life but this is only half true. I did actually feel as if I arrived, but only partly (which is already a great achievement).
There are many other parts left as life is big and full of challenges, wonders and experiences.
Don’t aim for all at once, take steps on your way.
Nobody can stand on the top of a mountain without walking upwards, having rest in between, struggles, is about to give up, feels exhausted or just takes a break to enjoy the moment. We all start on the foot of the mountain called life and I’m not sure who’s the happier person when reaching the top.
Is it the one running upwards, who may miss the silence, the view, the temperature changes and all the things which are present around him?
Or is it the one walking step by step, who knows how the snow smells at a certain height, who see ice crystals on his nose and feels the cold creeping up, who breathes in the cold air while having the view backwards to realize how far he got already?
What do you prefer? Are you the runner or the walker in life?
What is lightning up your life? There are many small things which can instantly lighten you up so that you feel happy and at ease for a moment. We have to appreciate more the small things we liked so much. Why shouldn’t a cup of hot chocolate be able to put a smile on our face? I don’t need the big things like cars, luxury weekend or diamond rings to be happy.
Make a list of what you like and you quickly realize that’s often the smallest thing which are sufficient. Here is the list of my favorites and be sure if I think longer and longer about it I will have a huge list….
1. Hot cup of chocolate or tea in combination with a good book or movie
2. My room just lightened up with lots of candles
3. Laying down on my bed under the wide opened window on a summer evening to listen to the sounds outside and breathing in the air
4. The smell of fresh washed bed sheets
5. Falling asleep in the arms of my love feeling just safe and sheltered
6. Seeing the smile in my neighbors face after she got dinner for free because I’m always cooking more than I’m able to eat.
7. Documentations about the most beautiful places on earth
8. Waking up in the morning and already smelling freshly brewed coffee
9. Walking with bare feet on grass
10. A short nap on a Sunday afternoon
11. Talking for hours with my friend or sister on the phone
12. Planning on how to surprise someone as the smile is already paying back enough
13. Listening to the birds chirping at five am and knowing that I will sleep now
14. Sometimes I hear a saxophonist in the middle of the night and the music is heard from far away but totally beautiful
15. Enjoy the silence after midnight when the city starts to sleep
16. Feeling the sun on my skin
17. Cookies and a glass of milk
18. Reading until I fall asleep
19. Sitting in front of the heater and warm up my back on a cold winter day